Saturday, December 04, 2010

Infrequent Posts

I've been feeling guilty about how long it's been since I posted anything here, and now I'm doubly convicted by Rachelle Gardner's latest post, "Blogs We Don't Like."

I know I'm guilty of at least two of her bullet points:

→ A writer whose blog has irregular and infrequent posts.
→ A blog that is really unfocused and doesn't know what it's about.

Some days I wonder if I should even have a blog. I have the best intentions about keeping up with it (and you know what they say about those), but paying work or my daughter always seems to slip in and come between me and regular posts. Plus, I can't believe I actually have a significant following waiting for my every word. (Actually, I have Google Analytics, so I know I don't.) And, finally, I don't feel I have anything earth-shattering to say that isn't being said better on a dozen other blogs.

Some of these are valid points. Some may be my own insecurities working against me. Here are a couple of questions, though.

1. How much does it bug you when writers don't post regularly or frequently?
2. What other blog faux pas irritate you?

And, most importantly,

3. What can I do to improve this blog? What topics would you like to see, and with what frequency would you like to see them?

Drop me some comments!

1 comment:

Lu said...

at What book store?