Here's what else I haven't done; I haven't:
- Trimmed my short romance to Woman's World requirements,
- Written the Shadowland post for my last deadline (with another deadline coming at me on Wednesday),
- Marketed any of the tips or fillers I have lying around,
- Written outlines or drafts for miscellaneous ideas,
- Done anything with my children's books,
- Worked on my NIP,
- Journaled, or
- Much else.
I did take a bit of a plunge last Friday. Thursday, I opened our local paper (a weekly that comes out on Wednesdays). I scanned all 6 pages and, for the first time in months, looked at the help wanted ads. That same paper, the Gazette-Times, is currently looking for a part-time news editor.
I wasn't on the hunt for a job. I wasn't consciously seeking an opportunity. But...part time? Two days a week? News editor? I dropped off my resume on Friday.
I haven't heard back one way or the other yet. It has only been three days. I imagine that, even in a town of 1,300, there's some stiff competition. I'm praying though, and have all fingers and toes crossed.
In some ways I feel like this may be a sign of insanity. After all, I purposely try to work from home in order to raise my daughter myself (versus having a daycare do it). I don't feel I need more on my plate right now; I'm busy enough.
In other ways, I feel I'm going to seed. This job, if gotten, could be what I need to give me back a bit of my edge. Besides, we need the money.
So, there's my situation for the week. How's everyone else doing this last Monday in March?